I was in the condiment aisle at Shoprite, perusing their rather extensive selection of marinades, trying to decide what I wanted my chicken to taste like tonight, when the man standing immediately to my right farted.
This was not a small, "oops-I-let-one-slip,-but-quickly-buttoned-things-up-again" kind of fart. It was a long, whistling, "I'm-gonna-take-my time-and-let-it-all-come-out" kind of gas passing experience. To further aggravate the social inappropriateness of the situation, he never even acknowledged his gaseous offense with an "Excuse me!"
It left me begging to know, what has happened in our society? Where is the respect for the social contract to which we each must hold ourselves accountable? Where were this man's manners??? I think it's a sad commentary on our society as a whole, and I, for one, am not ready to live in a freely flatulent world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I keep wondering about this every single day!
ReplyDelete