Saturday, July 7, 2007

I LOVE GOOGLE!!

There is something burrowing in my backyard. It is leaving holes everywhere and some of them are big enough that I fear someone will break an ankle this summer. I cannot figure out what the heck it could be, so I went on Google and entered a search for "burrowing animals." Try it...you get about 88,000 hits! Crazy that sending those 2 simple words out into an electronic abyss yields such vast results.
I have come to depend on the internet for everything. I needed a car seat for my daughter, so I went online, found the best one for the best price and ordered it. Two days later the man in the brown truck brought it to me. It is a miracle of modern life that we can do these things.
In recent days I have turned to Google to search on the following topics: asian slaw, rashes, bull sharks, coupons, Rita's Water Ices, Ocean City NJ vacation rentals, bicycles, weight loss supplements, a couple of former campmates (for their privacy I won't give their names), the MMR vaccine and much more that I can't even recall. Forget going through people's trash...I think you can learn infinitely more about a person by looking through their search strings. It is far more telling and a much cleaner way to gather information about someone. I am sure that based on the information I just provided you can make some assumptions about me that are probably fairly dead on for accuracy.
I don't know if Al Gore really invented the internet, I don't really know who did and I don't care. Maybe it was a think tank full of people who came up with it. All I know is that it has made my life about a billion times easier and I have a lot of love for the person/people who brought it to me. This little box that sits on my kitchen table, and sometimes in my lap while I watch TV at night has made it possible for me to look at pictures of measles so that I don't sound like a true crazy person calling the doctor's office when my daughter has a blotch on her face. Yes, that really happened (look above at those searches I did this week).

No comments:

Post a Comment